Had my third chemo treatment on Wednesday. That puts me at the halfway mark before surgery. Today I had the Neulasta shot and am waiting to see how it affects me this time. I already have a little stomach discomfort and am hoping it's not too bad as we've been invited to a special anniversary party tomorrow night that I would really like to make it to.
The doctors have scheduled another MRI to see if they can tell if the chemo is doing it's job and shrinking the cancer. Apparently with some people it does and with others it does not.
This whole thing is still so emotional. Larry and I have tried to keep ourselves very busy and not let it be the only thing in our lives, but every once in a while it just comes on in a brief flood of tears. Then we feel better for letting out some of the stress, and carry on.
Our boat Serengeti is out of the water in the boatyard right now. The old mast is sold and now out of the boat. We will try to motor down to the Florida Keys after my treatments and surgery and radiation are over to rig and put the new mast in that we've had for years. While the boat is on the hard, we've been doing some cosmetic work on the hull. I've tried to help Larry as much as I can, but particularly with the extreme heat, it's been difficult.
No comments:
Post a Comment