Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Some Good News!

Got some good news from the doctors this week.  The results of the MRI that I had on Friday show NO cancerous areas.  That means that the Chemo is working and has reversed what the first MRI results showed.  Nice to know that there is a reward out there for the discomfort from the Chemotherapy. 

One of the problems with the type of cancer I have, invasive lobular, is that it is not easily detectable.  The MRI showed it the best of any test they did on me, but only just showed it.  The cancerous areas that showed up in the first MRI were not present in the most recent MRI.  As for whether there is more cancer that the MRI didn't pick up, they can't say.

As good as the recent MRI results news is, it doesn't change what I still have to go through.  Three more Chemo treatments followed by a double mastectomy 3-4 weeks after the last treatment, and then radiation around a month after the surgery.  We won't know the real status of whether the cancer is all gotten or not until the pathology reports of the surgery.

The fact that I'm responding well to the Chemo has been the first bit of good news Larry and I have had in a while.  Believe me, we needed it!

6 comments:

  1. Sue what a blessing to have this great news!!! I am sure that you needed it at this time. You and Larry continue to be in our prayers. You are one tough lady. Saw on the back of a car yesterday the new breast cancer slogan "Fight like a girl" thought of you and how tough you are. Keep of the good fight!! Much love. Stellena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good fight!!! Not Keep of the fight. I must learn to type sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous news! Thinking of you both with love-Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Sue running a test comment 'cause several of you have informed me their comments are not going through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Sue running test two, this time using anonymous in the select profile box. (By the way, the first test that went through was by putting sue in the name/url profile. Nothing was put in the url box, but just my name before that.)

    ReplyDelete