The first thing I pulled out was a "HOT FLASH FAN". (Someone's been reading my Blog) This was an 8"x 10" oval piece of cardboard attached to a shapely popsicle stick handle. Written on the face is:
Energy Efficient - 3 speeds*
No Batteries needed - No assembly required
*Low: F-l-a-a-a-p, F-l-a-a-a-p, F-l-a-a-a-p
Medium: F-l-a-p, F-l-a-p, F-l-a-p, F-l-a-p
High: Flap! Flap! Flap! Flap! Flap!
Also enclosed was a card and a beautiful pair of earrings from Larry's & my very good friends Gil & Betsy from the Keys. Should have remembered they are currently travelling in their RV and were in the Kentucky area. Many thanks for the gifts. I'll put them both to good use!
Yesterday was Larry's & my 15th Anniversary. We called some friends and organized an impromtu picnic supper on the end of the dock at the yacht club and drank champagne. It was a beautiful night! Above us was a glowing Harvest moon, and all around us we were serenaded with the sound of cast nets splashing softly on the water as hopeful fishermen tried to fill their buckets with shrimp.
I'm enjoying feeling as close as I get to normal these days in these last few days before my next (and last) chemo treatment. Just one more feeling bad period to go though. Oh, the small things we look forward to!

No comments:
Post a Comment