Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sept 15th

The blahs are gone.  A few aches left.  Especially my feet and legs.  Feel like I've run miles and am paying the price.  Temperature swings in my body are still rampant.  Especially to the hot side.  I can just be sitting at my desk, and a bead of sweat will run down my leg.  Very weird feeling.

Had an emotional day yesterday fueled for once not by me, but by my Mom, who lives in Canada.  She has had Alzhiemers's now for a few years and has been deteriorating of late.  My 91 year old Dad has been taking sole care of her, but it has gotten too hard on him, so my sister and he have arranged for a nursing home for her.  She goes this Friday.  I cried like a baby when I first got the news she was definitely going, all the while knowing it is the right thing for her and the family at this point in her life.

My Mom had Colon Cancer 13 years ago and went through chemotherapy, similar to what I'm doing now.  I would love to be able to talk to her about what I'm going through, but she has no ability to understand my situation now.  I feel like I've really lost someone who could have been a tremendous support for me and I miss the wonderful gentle person she always was.  Hell, I just started tearing up again just thinking about it. 

Enough of that.  Glad I have just one more uncomfortable chemo period to go through.  Am hopeful that recovering from the surgery will be more comfortable than living through the from effects from the chemo drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment