Today is my Birthday and I'm feeling lucky that it has fallen on the last day of one of my treatment cycles. It means I feel pretty good and that food and drink taste right to me.
Last night our friends Chuck and Kristi invited us out to dinner in Hilton Head to celebrate my Birthday. We travelled in style on their beautiful 26 foot lobster boat, Humdinger, and the 2 hour ride each way was magical, especially coming home last night with the stars shining brightly.
Larry and I have been coaching two high school sailing teams for the last couple of weeks. What we thought would just be a few sailors showing up has already gained momentum and grown to over 20 participants. Interestingly enough, it has also sparked interest from other sailors wanting to help coach. This is wonderful, as we all knew going into this that there were going to be days due to my treatment cycle and/or surgery, etc. that I will be unable to coach.
On the first day of coaching, I took off my hat to bare my bald head and told the kids I wasn't actually a drill Sergeant. I quickly explained why I had no hair and everyone seemed pretty cool with that.
Tomorrow is Chemo treatment #5. Just one more to go after that. I'm ready to be done with this stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment