Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Treatment #5 DONE - One more to go!

Just back from my 5th Chemo treatment.  Determined to have a better attitude over the next few days than I did last treatment.  I got kind of depressed for a few days.  Mad at the whole thing.  Feeling sorry for myself for not feeling great.  Finally had a short cry to let out all the emotions, and surprisingly bounced back pretty quickly after that. 

Larry snapped a quick picture of me and Endicott before leaving for my treatment this afternoon.  Endicott was comforting me and telling me to stay strong.  He's a good cat.

The hot flashes are still annoying.  My friend from the Keys (and nurse practitioner) Susie told me to try Vitamin E, after clearing it with my doctors.  I've started that and think they may be a bit better.  Thanks Susie.

Tonights dinner is one from the freezer that another friend, Karen, made especially to make days like this easier on us.  Thanks to you also Karen. 

Only one more Chemo treatment to go in three weeks!  I'm looking forward to getting my body back, feeling normal without drugs sailing through it night and day.  Then there's the hair growing back to look forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment