Today marks one month to go before my surgery date. I'm anxious to get it over with. For some reason, that date has become my pinnacle point as to dealing with this cancer. I'm expecting the recovery from surgery to be more difficult emotionally than physically, whatever the pathology result outcome.
Yesterday Larry and I spent a long day in the hot sun on the dock at Carolina Yacht Club in Charleston coaching the high school teams at a regatta. I felt pretty zapped while trying to stay energetic and help the high school sailors learn from the competition. Watching the races brought back good memories from my own competitive past.
My Mom is now in the nursing home and it went as well as could be expected. It was a tough day for my sister and Dad, and of course made me very emotional again.
I think the tiredness in my legs is starting to feel a bit better today. Hopefully the next week and a half before my LAST chemo treatment will be comfortable.
Hi Sue,
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your mom, Alzheimers is a terrible thing. I know you miss the support of your mom.
Glad you are nearing the end of your chemo. If you want to talk to my sister about her double mastectomy, she would welcome any questions you want to ask. She is doing just fine, now 6 months post.
Bob and I are thinking of you and wishing you the best!
Fran