Sometimes Larry and I need a little levity to balance the "light" reading we've been doing each night. Stuff like checking out post mastectomy clothing, chemo side-effects, surgery options and medical bill assistance programs. Believe it or not, one of my shots costs $5000 each time!!!! Apparently there's more help out there if you have no insurance than if you actually are responsible and have insurance, even when insurance doesn't cover everything or you have high deductibles. Go figure.
So here's our top 10 reasons it's good to be bald:
10) You won't believe the savings on shampoo and conditioner alone, not to mention hair cuts, hairspray and styling gel.
9) My first (and likely best) step towards becoming a champion Olympic speed swimmer.
8) Potential to be the next Star Trek Lieutenant.
7) After a shower, I can be ready to go in an instant.
6) No more cats stepping on my hair on the pillow each morning to wake me up.
5) Larry's enjoying the hair cut fetish websites that feature bald women, sometimes with their clothes on, sometimes with them off.

4) There's a greater possibility that I will now be compared with Demi Moore.
3) No dandruff.
2) I get to say "Tell them we're from France" 10 times a day.
1) I can dress like a biker bitch, walk through Walmart and not turn a single head.
I'm having remarkably little in the chemo side-effects area. Still only that single nausea event. Worked normally on the house all day yesterday. Today we drove to Charleston to pick up the donated Palmetto beer for the big Lowcountry regatta this weekend. Just some joint pain and tightness in my chest for an hour this afternoon, but it went away with a couple of Tylenol.
Quip for the day:
If life throws you a curve ball, you have to stay in the batter's box to get a hit!
Had a number of requests for a picture of Larry's bald head. We'll get that up soon.

Hey. Great attitude, as usual, and that's what will get you through all of this. A thought--no such thing as BAD HAIR DAYS!!!!
ReplyDeleteIf you don't want to stay all day at the club this weekend, I will be happy to be your rickshaw. I volunteered Friday and Saturday nights, but am free days. Sunday I will be going to Aiken, but I'm available Fri. and Sat.
Use me!!!
\XX,
Martha
It's your frame of mind and your attitude that make your a real surviver. Keep it up. If by any chance you are looking for good read, I just finished "The Elephant Whisperer" by Lawrence Anthony. I has nothing to do with cancer and everything to do with living. It is a quick and easy and most enjoyable read. You can "google" him. See you soon. XOXO Caryl
ReplyDeleteYep, you look much better than Larry, even bald, although I love the Uncle Fester look. If you were here for Fantasy Fest, you would be all set on costumes - or, you could get some artist type to paint your head!
ReplyDeleteGlad the chemo isn't getting you down too bad!
Fran