Hi Everyone,
First off, I've never done a blog before. Never even had the slightest desire to do one.
OK, so why is my picture sideways? Well, like I said, I've never done a blog before, and quite frankly, once the picture imported that way, I figure that's pretty much how I feel, and I don't want to spend the time figuring out this software right now.
So, what prompted me to set this one up is that I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer on June 7th. And yes, that sucks! When I actually heard the words "You have cancer", it was pretty much a world stopper. I was fully expecting the results of the biopsy to come back negative.
My hope is that with this blog I can not only keep anyone who is interested updated on what's going on, but also give me a chance to put some of my feelings in writing and stay sane. I have already received an amazing amount of support from many of you. Even people I've never met before have called just to share their experience.
As you can imagine Larry and I have been through an amazing array of emotions. After multitudes of tests and consultations with various doctors, I will be starting chemo tomorrow morning. After chemo to shrink the cancer (around 6 months) there will be surgery. A single or double mastectomy, depending on how things shape up between now and then, and how I feel about it.
The chemo thing tomorrow has many elements of scariness, but as Larry rightly points out, that's what's going to get rid of the bad stuff. We have spent the last few days preparing for the chemo experience. Fun stuff, like buying hair clippers to shave all my hair off before it starts falling out in clumps. Last night, after a much needed couple of glasses of wine, we spent a, believe-it-or-not, hilarious hour wrapping every scarf we could put our hands on around our heads to see what "look" I could acheive. I think Larry looked better than I did. He says he's going to shave his head too, but I working on talking him out of it.
From what I've learned about the chemo, I will fall into a rhythm of good and bad days. I've been very encouraged from talking to other women who have gone through this. My hope is that I will be able to retain a semblance of my normal life and still help Larry finish our house and enjoy our boat and the club.
I'll keep you posted on how things progress and how I'm feeling. Just know that I'm feeling great right now (never actually felt sick) and have a very positive attitude going forward!
Hope to see you all soon.
Sue
Hi Everyone,
First off, I've never done a blog before. Never even had the slightest desire to do one.
OK, so why is my picture sideways? Well, like I said, I've never done a blog before, and quite frankly, once the picture imported that way, I figure that's pretty much how I feel, and I don't want to spend the time figuring out this software right now.
So, what prompted me to set this one up is that I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer on June 7th. And yes, that sucks! When I actually heard the words "You have cancer", it was pretty much a world stopper. I was fully expecting the results of the biopsy to come back negative.
My hope is that with this blog I can not only keep anyone who is interested updated on what's going on, but also give me a chance to put some of my feelings in writing and stay sane. I have already received an amazing amount of support from many of you. Even people I've never met before have called just to share their experience.
As you can imagine Larry and I have been through an amazing array of emotions. After multitudes of tests and consultations with various doctors, I will be starting chemo tomorrow morning. After chemo to shrink the cancer (around 6 months) there will be surgery. A single or double mastectomy, depending on how things shape up between now and then, and how I feel about it.
The chemo thing tomorrow has many elements of scariness, but as Larry rightly points out, that's what's going to get rid of the bad stuff. We have spent the last few days preparing for the chemo experience. Fun stuff, like buying hair clippers to shave all my hair off before it starts falling out in clumps. Last night, after a much needed couple of glasses of wine, we spent a, believe-it-or-not, hilarious hour wrapping every scarf we could put our hands on around our heads to see what "look" I could acheive. I think Larry looked better than I did. He says he's going to shave his head too, but I working on talking him out of it.
From what I've learned about the chemo, I will fall into a rhythm of good and bad days. I've been very encouraged from talking to other women who have gone through this. My hope is that I will be able to retain a semblance of my normal life and still help Larry finish our house and enjoy our boat and the club.
I'll keep you posted on how things progress and how I'm feeling. Just know that I'm feeling great right now (never actually felt sick) and have a very positive attitude going forward!
Hope to see you all soon.
Sue
My picture says it all - "give it the bird' Good luck Sue (& Larry), I'll keep you in my prayers during this horrific time. Fair winds!
ReplyDeleteS
xoxoxo
Sue we know that you and Larry will fight this battle with great courage and humor. The word Cancer is a world stopper but we know that you will beat this. We will be praying for you and are here for you in any way. Thanks for setting up the blog. By the way. What color scarf did you pick!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for you and Larry. Please let us know if we can do anything! Thanks for doing the blog!
ReplyDelete