Had a "preoperative MRI" on Monday and just met with my Oncologist today for the results. As with the last MRI that I had, all previous signs of abnormality (cancer) are gone - at least as far as the eye of the MRI is concerned.
The Oncologist had told me 4 months ago when I was first diagnosed that only 1 in 4 people get a result of the chemotherapy completely reversing what they can feel clinically and what the MRI shows. Back then, I didn't like those odds. Now I feel fortunate to be in that group.
So now we wait for the surgery and results from that. Only 5 more days.
Back when Larry & I were working on the "Top 10 Reasons it's Good to be Bald", we figured we'd later do one on the top reasons to have a double mastectomy. But in thinking more about it now, that humor is maybe a little too dark.
I will offer one reason though that came to mind that may be beneficial. If you know anything about golf, it's important to swing from the inside, keeping your arms very close to the chest. There'll be no excuses now for a bad shot.
After effects from the chemo will apparently linger for up to 3 months. I really look forward to the fatigue going away and in getting my taste buds back.
No comments:
Post a Comment