A few days ago Larry and I were aboard Serengeti doing some prep work to paint the cabinhouse. The tides are extreme right now making the current just rip past the boat. I looked over the side and passing by was this large blue crab just beneath the surface who was simply being swept away uncontrollably from wherever he was. He was waving both arms non-stop, as if to call out to me, "Help me ! Help me! I don't want to go down this path!" I pointed him out to Larry and said that completely sums up how I feel these days. Life's little currents are taking us off course. Hopefully we're doing the right things to steer back to the right path.
That's about as philosophical as I get.
Doing OK these days other than the most fatigue I've ever felt. Makes me wonder if they put an extra little kicker dose of something in the Chemo this last time. Can only help Larry with the boat prep work about 1/10th of what I could in the past.
Met with a Lymphedema Physical Therapist specialist this week. Has me on a very mild exercise regime for my right arm to help reduce the risk of Lymphedema setting in after my surgery. It's actually quite alarming to hear how easily this condition could start and is something I must be aware of, particularly since I'm so used to doing heavy work. The fact that my arm swelled up a month ago after moving bricks around was proof positive that my body is weakened and I shouldn't have been pushing it so hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment