Friday, October 22, 2010

Out of Surgery!

This morning Sue & I arrived at the hospital at 9:00am for her surgery.  After being taken back and prepped in a holding pre-op area, we were informed that there was a delay.  It was a very active day in the operating rooms with emergencies right and left, etc, etc, etc.

Finally around 2:00pm she left the pre-op and was rolled into one of the operating rooms.  Just now at 6:15, I've been notified that she is out of the operating room, is doing fine w/ no surgical complications, and is still in the recovery room.  Shortly, in about an hour, she will be wheeled up to room 405.

It looks like she will be staying at least one night and maybe more in the hospital.  The surgeon said she could basically leave when she felt up to it.  The main reason for her staying is to manage the post surgical pain with I.V. painkillers.   So, as soon as she is able to grin and bear it, she can come home.  I bet she'll be pretty hungry since she hasn't eaten in almost 24 hours.

That's all I know now - I'll be heading to the hospital shortly and will have another update if there is any new info.   Larry

   

No comments:

Post a Comment