| Morning after surgery |
If I were ever run over by a truck, I imagine this is how it would feel. Incredible soreness and tenderness that is all bound inside a tight velcro wrap.
The first day after surgery I couldn't move my upper body by myself at all, but today already I am able to use the muscles again a bit, but not without pain. Luckily the Percocet pain medicine is doing a good job and keeps things a lot duller. I have 4 drainage tubes below the incision areas that have to be emptied and measured a couple of times a day. Once again, my amazing, never complaining home doctor Larry has cheerfully taken on this job.I am able to walk around slowly and use my arms, but am warned not to pick up more than 5 pounds. That certainly leaves out Endicott and Hinckley, our two cats. My right underarm is quite sore where the lymph nodes were removed and a little numb. Apparently that may not change, but I hope it will.
| Back at home writing this very blog |
So now we anxiously await the pathology results from the surgery. I'll write more about this in detail tomorrow.
Glad to be home!
oh man, Sue... maybe its your Martian look with the absence of hair, but seeing your ear to ear smile and thumbs up does my heart good. So glad to see you home again, just don't overdo "it"! Following along and anxiously awaiting the results. love always, Lydia
ReplyDelete