Just got a call from my Doctor. The news is good!
The pathology report shows the best case scenario . . .
CLEAR MARGINS & CLEAR LYMPH NODES
What a relief ! ! ! ! ! !
The doctor did say that the breast tissue that was cut away still showed cancer, even though the MRI had deemed it "normal". The perimeter tissue on the margins, however, all checked out clear and free of cancer. So from a technical stand point, all the cancer has been removed.
Don't know yet, but as a precaution, I will likely still go through radiation and will take an anti-hormone pill for years to come to reduce the chance of re-occurance. This I will find out for sure from my Oncologist and a Radiologist I have yet to meet.
I can't fully express to you the relief that Larry and I feel at this moment.
You have been constantly in our prayers, and we rejoice at your encouraging news. We knew you'd be a fighter! Please let us know if we can send a dinner over. Are you on any special kind of diet? We love you.
ReplyDeleteEd and Carol Wise
We join our "people" in wishing you love and best wishes. We do apologize for our barking. Malamutes are not supposed to bark. And Calvin is sorry for his irritating visits. He still thinks he can befriend Endicott and Hinckley! Hope springs eternal!
ReplyDeleteYukon, Klondike, and Bingley
Prayers answered!!!! This is really big news for both of you. We are all so thankful. You have been amazing during this battle. Much love from the Mumma's
ReplyDelete