Change of plans on the double mastectomy date.
While in the prep area before surgery this morning, the surgeon checked on the hematoma that I have had as a result of the biopsy on my left breast (not the one affected by cancer), and found that it has an infection. Too risky to do the mastectomies with the infection, so instead he took me to the operating room and cleaned out the hematoma.
I'm back home and have to take antibiotics and Larry gets the wonderful job of changing the dressing on this "hole" (about 3 inches deep) in my breast three times a day, in hopes of getting all the bad stuff out quickly.
The surgery is being rescheduled for Friday, with a check on Thursday to make sure the infected area is ready.
Never thought I would be disappointed not to have a mastectomy operation! Go figure.
Sue never would anyone have thought you or anyone would be disappointed not to have a mastectomy!!! Take care of that infection and our prayers continue.
ReplyDelete