Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday Hospital Update

I just left the hospital around noon and Sue is doing just great.  Her doctor this morning accused her of not using the "push the button for instant morphine delivery" device enough, so he put her on an oral pain killer.  She ate a full breakfast this morning and has already been walking back and forth down the hospital halls.  She still gets an antibiotic through iv every now and then, other than that - she is not hooked up to anything. 

She reports to be in pain, but it seems to be manageable.  On a scale of 0-10 w/ 10 being the most pain, she most recently reported to the nurse to be around a level 4.  There is a dull pain constantly with sharp pains when moving, eating, breathing, etc

She has been very alert and I am sure would like to speak to anyone.  Her phone number at Beaufort Memorial is 522-5405

2 comments:

  1. Bob and I have been thinking of you all week. So glad it's done and you are on the road to recovery.
    Love Larry's humor about the 34th miner! I think the mastectomy humor is all right, too. Laughter does more good than tears. My other sister had a very small cancer of the vulva removed and I have been endlessly teasing her about the snatch snip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sue, congrats on having the big surgery behind you... you'll be home soon, sleeping in your own bed, with Larry waiting on you hand and foot (just kidding, Larry). You're in our thoughts; will try calling tomorrow. love, Lyd

    ReplyDelete